mercredi 14 janvier 2015

Web radio : Guitar Spirit

Bonjour à tous,

par hasard aujourd'hui, en écoutant l'une des premières chansons qui m'a propulsé dans la constellation stoner-psychédélique-doom (Rainbows Are Free - Are you dead), j'ai repensé à la séquence d'événements fortuits qui sont à l'origine de ma révélation quasi-religieuse pour cette sphère musicale occulte. Et j'ai réalisé que je dois d'infinis remerciements à une web radio lyonnaise, Guitar Spirit (cliquez sur le lien, en bleu/violet c'est un lien...), sur laquelle je m'étais branché totalement par hasard lorsque j'étais en mal de son qui cogne, rape, grogne, vibre, secoue, ponce, pulvérise, tronçonne, bref en mal de gros son bien gras de guitare bien rocailleuse.

Entre autres merveilles guitaristiques, j'ai donc entendu deux chansons qui ont tout changé pour moi, celles qui m'ont montré où étaient les portes d'un continent foisonnant de sonorités puissantes ; la première était Monster Magnet - Powertrip, j'ai tout de suite halluciné et voulu en savoir plus, découvert les mots stoner rock et space rock, fouillé dans les influences de Dave Wyndorf (le charismatique chanteur), et déterré des trucs encore plus hallucinatoires comme Hawkwind et Grand Funk Railroad. Mais rien qu'avec le mot stoner rock, j'avais trouvé la clé pour une myriade d'autres découvertes prometteuses. La deuxième chanson était celle de Rainbows Are Free dont je vous ai parlé au début. Cette chanson reste délicieusement dans la tête et je ne peux pas m'en empêcher, mais à chaque fois que quelqu'un oublie de répondre à l'un de mes messages, ça me démange d'envoyer ce tonitruant "Are you deeaaad ?".

Bref, vous avez 3 commandements cruciaux à retenir de ce billet (oh dis-donc, j'aime bien cette expression francophonophile à la place de "post") :

1 - Au stoner rock un culte exclusif tu voueras ;
2 - Guitar Spirit sans relâche tu adoreras ;
3 - Rainbows Are Free toujours tu écouteras.

Hi everyone,

I must first of all precise my very intense lazyness. and my bad english. Why do I say that? Because this is a hassle to try to translate my french text into a faithful english version! So from now, I decided I would write freely something more or less different in english, and it will probably provide me more pleasure in writing. Because I'm having a lot of fun with my mother tongue (interpret these words correctly, please), but much less when trying to translate identically. The other reason is that maybe google translation does a better job than me. The last reason is that you should all learn french, bloody ignorants, this language should be the universal one. Peace. (I always have a doubt when writing on internet, if people will get when I am not serious. I think many could misinterpret a joke. Like here for example I was really serious, no kidding)

So.

I wanted to come back on the fortuitous events that led to my quasi-religious conversion into this occult musical sphere which is stoner-psychedelic-doom. I was listening to Rainbows Are Free - "Are You Dead" today and I suddenly remembered that I owe the greatest gratitude to a french web radio from Lyon, Guitar Spirit (click on the link, links are in blue/purple...), an excellent radio for heavy, fat, acid and brutal sounds. For bands exploiting the full potential of electric guitar.

Among other guitaristic wonders, I heard two songs that opened me the doors to a continent of sonorous might. The first one was Monster Magnet - "Powertrip". It made me daydream. Thirsty for more knowledge about it, I discovered the words stoner rock and space rock, and dug into the influences of Dave Wyndorf (the charismatic leader), finding other hallucinogenic UFOs like Hawkwind and Grand Funk Railroad. You must just realize that probably no one in Europe, even more in my generation, ever heard about these american bands. But the single stoner rock idea offered me countless discoveries. The second song was the one from Rainbows Are Free I just mentionned. It stays in mind so much that every time someone forgets to answer to some message from me, I just want to send this huge "Are You Deeeaaad?" song...

Now you must remember and follow three commandments from this post:

1 - Stoner rock worship you shall;
2 - Guitar Spirit love you will;
3 - Rainbows Are Free listen you must.


Me sentant investi d'une mission prophétique envoyée depuis les confins de l'espace et de l'esprit, il est de mon devoir de formuler pour le commun des mortels les messages de l'autre-monde psychédélique ; bientôt j'apporterai à la civilisation ignorante et perdue dans ses considérations matérielles la formulation intelligible des ondes sacrées porteuses de bonheur, afin que chacun puisse retrouver la voie vers la sagesse et la quiétude de son esprit.

I think I possess the cosmic truth that psychedelia brought to my mind, and that's why I want to provide to the ignorant and lost minds the understandable translation of these space waves that lead to happiness. My prophetic writings are coming to shed some rainbow light on your minds! A new cult will arise. Be my followers.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire